I always try to change and come up to the expectations of my society but after reading the novel “Star girl” by Jerry Spinelli, I realized that:
- I am not a circus clown that can keep everyone happy.
- No matter how much they try to crush my self esteem… I will always Dare to be different and will not allow myself to get lost in the crowd.
- People who say my dreams are too big to adjust, I reply that their thinking is too small.
- Whenever I am being targeted for constantly changing my name I will just quote, “I’m not my name. My name is something I wear, like a shirt. It gets worn. I outgrow it, I change it.”― Jerry Spinelli
- “Shine with all you have. When someone tries to blow you out, just take their oxygen and burn brighter.”
Now, it’s up to you to decide which way you will move.
I just want to say if you are not a non-conformist type of person then don’t force others to follow your ways… let them grow in their own nut-shell. That’s the best you can do for them and no one knows they might turn the best people in your country’s progress.
And lastly my favorite quote that I always keep murmuring is by Steve Jobs ;
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They’re not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.
You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They push the human race forward.
While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world, are the ones who do.
.Apple TV Ads: Think Different.mov (1998).
This is it, guys do comment either if you agree or disagree and please share it…there might be someone needing these lessons i learnt. Do tell me which lesson appealed you the most.